My relative died, what do I need to do?

When a relative passes away there is a process to transfer what they had to others.  If they had a Trust it is called Trust Administration.  If they had a Will or did not have a Will it is called Probate.  These processes are complex and it is helpful to consult with an attorney who is experienced doing this.  With a Trust it is common to not go to court.  When a Probate is necessary if the value of the estate is over $150,000 or there is real property valued over $50,000 it is necessary to have the court oversee the process.  Even if you decide to do the estate administration yourself it is good to review the steps with an attorney to get started.  Feel free to call Walnut Creek Probate and Estate attorney David Pastor for a free consultation.

Recent Posts